Friday, August 24, 2012

The Movie Talk #3- Batman Sequel, Pixar, Captain America 2 Casting, and More!

         Welcome to this week's movie news where I recap some of the latest news so let's get started.
   
     This week, I found a very interesting article about rumors for a sequel for The Dark Knight Rises instead of a reboot. I couldn't link the article I read but there is a video down below explaing what Joseph Gordon-Levitt said about a possible sequel or spinoff and if you haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises, go look up showtimes and read the next story. I read an article saying there could be a Batman 4 and it could be like Batman Beyond or Batman and Nightwing. The article stated they could do this instead of a reboot.
 1. They're going to reboot it even if this idea happened.
 2. Nolan said he's done and the last one had a perfect ending.
       I'd rather see a reboot because this sequel could possibly ruin the franchise. If this is Batman and Nightwing, I don't think Nolan should push his luck that far with two main characters or it will get clustered with characters we don't care about. I'd rather see a reboot so we'll get a Justice League movie. I really hope this is just a rumor but let's go to a different topic.

    I read an article on Fandango of what Billy Crystal said about the plot for Monsters University is. He said there is a scare contest where Mike is leading a team and Sulley is leading a team and they have to get more screams than the other team. If you haven't seen Monsters Inc. then you didn't understand a word I just said. I adore Monsters Inc. because it's my favorite Pixar Movie after the first and last Toy Story movies. I am really pumped for this movie and I think this is a great idea. Now let's go to The Expendables 3!

    I wanted to share some thoughts on what the dream cast for The Expendables 3 is. The dream cast for The Expendables 3 is Clint Eadtwood, Nicolas Cage, Wesley Snipes, if he gets out of prison, and Harrison Ford. I also heard they are begging Sean Connery to be in it but I doubt he'll be in it. Eastwood will most likely not be in it. Cage is set to be in it and I don't know about Snipes. I really want Ford to be in it for at least the amount of time Chuck Norris or Bruce Willis was in The Expendables 2. Just imagine Harrison Ford shooting everyone with a fedora on. That would blow my mind as much as Schwarzenegger and Willis trading their most famous lines did in the second one.

      Marvel Studios has said that they need an actress to be the leading lady in Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier. The actresses are Anna Kendrick (Twilight), Felicity Jones (Like Crazy, and Imogen Poots (Fright Night). This role is suspected to be Sharon Carter, the niece of Peggy Carter who was the love interest in Captain America: The First Avenger and was in a deleted scene in The Avengers. I think Anna Kendrick is the better actress but Felicity Jones looks more like she could be related to Hayley Atwell.

     Finally, I'm not going to go very deep into this news but before I wrap this up, Kat Dennings is going to be in Thor 2: The Dark World and will have a larger role. It is unknown at this point what part of the plot she will have to do with when Thor is taking on Malekith, ruler of the dark elves. Marvel is going to have to expain what Natalie Portman's sidekick has to do with dark elves. I personally dislike hearing this because she was very annoying and said a bunch of stupid things. I also wished this didn't take place on Earth that much  because that was one of the weakest parts of Thor.
       Below is some other news I didn't mention including a deleted scene that references Ant-Man and a hilarious blooper from the Avengers. Also, a video explianing what Joseph Gordon-Levitt said about a Batman sequel. There are also a ton of trailers released that I have linked down below so check them out if you want to. I'll talk to you next week with my fall movie highlights.

JGL Talks Possible Batman Sequel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_0tCb0s9KGQ
The Avengers Deleted Scene (Banner and Security Guard): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYtRfKlzhMk&feature=g-all-u
The Avengers "Coulson" Bloopers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hGhz5o2cWKc#t=15s
New Sylvester Stallone Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UuCUpV81tNE
New Arnold Schwarzenegger Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUQMbqH7xJu5aTAPQ9y_U7WQ&v=sBmH3FH0yws
The Impossible Movie Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgw394ZKsis&feature=player_detailpage#t=1s
Stolen (Taken rip-off) Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tKBf6PQjc0k
End of Watch Trailer #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=ULj_tzxD4dtpM&v=j_tzxD4dtpM
Passion Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UL7cGN_GStUv4&v=7cGN_GStUv4

No comments:

Post a Comment