Friday, August 17, 2012

The Movie Talk #1- The Expendables 2 Movie Review!

        Welcome to this week's major movie news recap and the first post on this blog I am posting this on Friday but the show will often be on a Saturday so let's go.

    One of the movies leading up to The Avengers 2, which also is now coming out May 1st, 2015,  Guardians of the Galaxy,  has had it's official plot revealed. "A U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants."
     I know nothing about Guardians of the Galaxy so I can't write about that but I am looking foward to this movie. This movie will introduce Thanos who will be the villian in the Avengers sequel. If Thanos will be in this movie and Avengers 2, won't that mean the Guardians of the Galaxy won't defeat him?  Maybe it will be like Thor (Spoilers for those who haven't seen Thor) where they kind of defeat him. I don't know but that was the plot for Guardians of the Galaxy.

    Today I saw Expendables 2 and here I am to review it. This movie was a great time at the movies. The Expendables 2 was the best action movie of the summer that didn't have to with superheroes. Jason Statham and Sylvester Stallone have great chemistry and it  is some of the best I've seen in a while. In this movie, we've  got more Arnold which made me very happy. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis have a hilarious bit that was just awesome and made me laugh into the next scene. This movie actullay had several hilarious moments. Chuck Norris even has a joke about what Chuck Norrris has become over the years.
     Jean -Claude Van Damme was a very good villian and was one of the two actors who were good in the movie; the other being Liam Hemsworth,  who was very good. The awful acting for the most didn't effect the rating of the movie because I wasn't expecting The King's Speech or The Artist. I knew Dolph Lundgren was going to be awful, and I expected this to be a fun summer action flick. The Expendables 2 will get an 8.5/10 based on how much fun I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment